Image Map

Thursday 27 February 2014

February beauty favourites!

Hello! As you can see by the title today's post is going to be my February beauty favourites! Yay! So this is my first ever monthly favourites post and so there are quite a few products that I have been loving throughout the month of February! So let's get started..

Aw here are all of favourites in the shape of a heart..with my brushes just placed ever so stupidly in the middle there..oops!

 Ecotools!
So for Christmas one of my dear friends bought me this set of ecotools brushes and I love them! I use them everyday, along with my real techniques brushes and they are just as soft and are very high quality! In this particular set which is the 'fresh and flawless' set you get a total of 5 amazing brushes! As you can see they come beautifully packaged and are nice and small but I have a tiny head so it's perfect! If you need some brushes to get started with makeup I recommend getting a set like this because there is everything a beginner would need in this kit! It's fabulous!


Orange lips! It is no secret that I like orange and that I am excited for spring so put two and two together and you get this! The Loreal Glam Shine balmy gloss in the shade 910! It is a chubby stick basically and my mum describes it as a wax crayon (best description in the world there mum) I must say I do love the colour of it and it is not extremely pigmented (it is supposed to be that way..I think) so I can even get away with some orange lips for school (perfect!) However, it is quite drying and since it is described as a "balmy gloss" I was not expecting this but hey ho I can work around it! I want to try the Bourjois ones so I will also let you know in the future how I get on with those.


Good old liquid eyeliner! I must admit this past week I have not been wearing it much because I am really into the fresh faced spring look (getting a bit ahead of myself I know but I'm excited ok! haha) so I haven't used it all too much but I do love it to death and it definately deserves a place in my favourites! The liquid eyeliner I use is the Loreal Super liner in perfect slim (It has the pointiest, slim tip ever! It's incredible and so precise), I know that there is also a chunkier version of this which allows you to draw thicker lines I guess, who knows? I have never tried that one but I gave the perfect slim one a whirl aqnd I adore it! This was the first ever 'pen' liquid eyeliner I have ever used so going from using that weird brush/nib thing you usually get with liquid eyeliners to this was a little tricky at first I am not going to lie (and I have been using liquid eyeliner for years, I consider it one of my talents! haha) but I promise that you will get the hang of this and if you have never used liquid eyeliner before, I reccommend purchasing this because it is a fine nib making for a precise and easy (well...as easy as you can get with liquid eyeliner) application! Plus it is much easier than gel or traditional liquid eyeliner so give it a try! Go on I dare you! tehee

Excuse the state of my mascara firstly, it is very well loved! I use the infamous, the incredible Maybelline the falsies in black drama! Oh my goodness, if you can find me a better mascara cheaper/same price as this then I will give you a medal (don't take me up on that! haha) because this mascara is phenominal! This mascara was first brought to my attention by the beautiful Tanya Burr who used to basically worship this mascara ever time she used it and so whilst I was in London I thought why not try it? That was the best thought ever because this mascara is the perfect consistency (some people say it is too wet but I didn't find that) and it adds little fibres onto the end of your lashes, making them appear longer and fuller! Go try it, I promise you won't regret it!

Oh brows! What would we do without them? (probably look very odd!) I never used to fill in my brows because I always found that they looked to harsh (no before you ask, I did not use black or anything or a pen, pencil or crayon!) because my eyebrows are quite full-ish and kind of dark but I think however many you tube videos you watch, however many blog posts you read, the only person that knows how to do your brows is you! I don't think doing your brows is something you can master in a week, it takes time! Bt I have three main tips:
 - Don't overpluck!!! Believe me I speak from experience, do not overpluck! Please! It os very easy to do but the thinner and more arched your brows are, the older you will look! If you are sitting there right now plucking away, put the tweezers down! Pretty please?! Maybe when I feel brave enough I will put some pictures up of what my brows looked like when I overplucked them and what they look like now but that is for another time!
 -Less is more! Even if your eyebrows are black, don't use black! Go 1 or 2 shades lighter if you have brown eyebrows and 1 or 2 shades darker if you have blonde eyebrows! Try to use powder also as it looks a lot more natural as you can mimic the hairs if that makes sense whereas with a pencil, natural looking brows are very hard to achieve! Be light handed and don't rush it!
 -They will never be exactly the same! The sooner you use this the better because you could spend forever sitting there trying to get them to be identical but trust me when I tell you, it will never happen. (unless you measure it out but who does that?!)
Anyway, MUA's pro-brow kit is a great way to get started as it is affordable and comes with a pair of adorable mini tweezers (not for overplucking!), a mini double ended angled brush, 3 different shades of long lasting brow powder and a gel to set them in place! I love this kit because you can mix the shades if you wish to find the perfect match and it also has a little mirror which is great for on the go (just if you tend to do your eyebrows in the car or something..haha) and the powder is really easy to work with and isn't too warm in tone which I like! The gel also comes in very handy for keeping those brows firmly in place!


Back to MUA again! Eyeshadow is something I use on a daily basis, nothing fancy usually just a flesh toned shadow on the lid and a matte light brown usually goes in the crease of my eyelid to add some defintion. Which is why I love this palette so much! It has the shadows that I need to create a simple, yet effective look but it also has the potential to have a gold smokey eye, a bronze look, a dark black smokey eye or a pink champagne look! All of which look very pretty and are easy to achieve! You are pretty much set if you get this, especially if you are looking for a cheap, useful eyeshadow palette to get you started, this is the one! As I have mentioned before I think in a review of this palette which you can go take a look at here, I recommended it to my friend who wanted to get into wearing eyeshadow more often and so far she hasn't complained about it so all is good! 

I have worn this every day since I brought it this month! It is the MUA blush in the shade 'lush' and it is a bright pink that looks quite scary in the pan and seems a bit adventurous but it is the perfect pop of colour for spring, it gives you a fresh, pinched glow and since it is a creme blusher it looks very natural! It brings so much colour into my skin and makes it look alive and fresh and healthy which I am in love with!


So there you have it! My February favourites for 2014 and I have loved alot of products this month and I look forward to reading and watching everyone elses posts so I can go out and try even more products in March (It is also my brithday in March so I am particularly excited!) In fact, if any of you enjoyed this post and it introduced you to some amazing products you have on your shopping list then do let me know in the comments or tweet me (links are at the top of my page or in my contacts page) and feel free to link your February favourites post below or you can tell me your favourite product of February 2014! I hope you enjoyed this post and I will see y'all soon! Goodbye!

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment! (If it is not lovely then it will simply be reported and removed) I am glad that you enjoyed my post enough to comment! It is very sweet of you and it is very much appreciated! I try to reply to every comment and I may even take a little look at your blog as a thank you I guess! Enjoy the rest of your day and keep smiling because you are your own kind of beautiful! x