Image Map

Monday 17 February 2014

Spring essentials haul!


Hello! I am very excited to be writing this because myself, along with a couple of my friends, decided to create a blog! So how better to start this blog than with a haul! And a collective one at that! I have not been shopping since before Christmas and even then all I was doing was buying presents for others, so  this shopping trip was a real treat! I had a whole list of things in my head of what I wanted to purchase and as per usual the majority of it was makeup, thank heavens for Superdrug! So I am going to share with you all of the lovely things I have purchased for the upcoming spring and summer! Who else can't wait for spring?!



 So as you can see I made a little trip to new look in search for a flower crown as I have wanted one for a while and new look had quite a variety of styles and colours but after trying them all I went for this gorgeous pink one that is very girly and pretty and it reminds me of the blossom in spring!


What shopping trip is complete without a snoop around Primark? I restrained myself from buying clothes, that is for another time, however I did find myself in the sunglasses section as I did need some new ones. I spotted this quirky pair and tried them on as I have been searching for the right pair of retro style round sunglasses for ages now! Apparently they suited me so they are my sunglasses for this summer! (so exciting!) And then I just needed some more trusty Primark bobbles because they are extremely durable and just £1.00!




Superdrug! Once again, this another shop that I just can't resist especially since what I wanted was mostly makeup. As you can see I am loving the bright spring colours at the moment! I really am getting a bit ahead of myself with the seasons here! It's still freezing and I am walking around with light blue nails and orange/coral lips! Oh well I'm setting the trends already, that's my excuse! haha                        



I haven't purchased nail polish in quite a while, probably because I have so much of it! These two colours, I just fell in love with instantly, the one on the left is 'bold blue' by MUA and the one on the right is 'satsuma' by Barry M which I am very excited to try as I have not tried the 'Gelly Hi shine nail paints' yet! I know I am a bit late on the bandwagon but still, better late than never! Barry M are just amazing when it comes to pigmentation, you can be sure that you will get the best!


Lips! I have way more makeup than I need (so I'm told) but lately I have been feeling like I have no lip products that I can use for the transition from winter to spring! I have so many lip products it is a little ridiculous but I had no coral or peachy shades so off to superdrug I went to get me so lipsticks!


Now, I have never owned a beauty UK lipstick before but I went around superdrug trying to find an orange lipstick but it seems that every theif in the world has decided to take all of the orange lipstick testers, even Barry M who had two orange lipsticks! Both the testers weren't there! So in the end I found this one which seemed to be reasonably pigmented and so I grabbed it.



Firstly, please excuse what looks like a rash on my hand, I can assure you that it is not a rash. I just took these pictures after shopping and I had been swatching like crazy, then I tried to rub it off and it just made it worse..hopeless, just hopeless. Anyway, It looks a bit more red/orange on this picture but I can assure you that it is orange! And I love it! I think it suits me more than red does, I am not to sure why but this will be my staple for spring!


As you can see above this lipstick is called 'naughty' (trust me to pick this one!)

Yay! I have wanted one of these for ages! I swatched every orange chubby stick that each brand had, I think Maybelline are the only ones without these at the moment. I compared this one by Loreal and the Boujuor one and Loreal was more pigmented and so I chose this one! Can you tell my favourite colour is orange?



As you can see it is a lot more subtle than the lipstick and it has quite a glossy finish to it. I think this will be more suitable in the summer as it is a lot more natural than the lipstick, if you are in school then these would be perfect as you still get a hint of colour and glossiness without looking too made up!


Obviously Loreal don't seem to believe in names so this shade is called 910 :) They come in a variety of different shades!


The ever so trusty MUA! I have never tried their blushers but I wanted some brighter ones that I could just use the tiniest bit of to get a pinched glow. I picked up one powder and one creme blusher and here they look quite similar but they really aren't! The powder one is very pigmented and bright and the creme one is more subtle but it looks so gorgeous on the skin!


This is the creme blusher and it is called 'Lush'


This is the powder blusher (above) and this one is called 'Marshmellow'


It is a crime if you have never tried this! Collection's lasting perfection ultimate wear concealer (yes it is a very long name!) is the dream concealer! It is so pigmented as you can see below and it blends beautifully! I have been blessed with dark under-eyes and so this stuff is a life saver as it gets rid of them right away! All I would say is make sure to moisturise your face before using this as it is a bit drying and it is so much easier to work with when your skin is moisturised!



I have to have it in shade 1 as I live in Britan and so I am quite pale! If you want it for your under-eyes then I recommend going a shade lighter because this will brighten your skin as well as covering it!


I honestly wish that you could smell this! In fact if you ever happen to come across it, just smell it because it is just delicious! I have tried it and it does work very well! But I must admit I did purchase it purely for the smell as it is just gorgeous! As you can see it is caramel cream flavour/scent and it is heavenly!


As you can see there is a nice big dip in it from where I've already used it but I love it so much!

That is all for my shopping haul! I hope this helped you on whether you want to purchase any of these products or if you were just bored and wanted a read, I hope you enjoyed it either way! :) Please feel free to leave comments if you want to know prices or anything else! Have a lovely day and I will see you next time!

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment! (If it is not lovely then it will simply be reported and removed) I am glad that you enjoyed my post enough to comment! It is very sweet of you and it is very much appreciated! I try to reply to every comment and I may even take a little look at your blog as a thank you I guess! Enjoy the rest of your day and keep smiling because you are your own kind of beautiful! x